Today I’m sharing this simple, fuss free granola recipe. I started making my own granola earlier this year mainly because I was fed up of picking out the raisins from shop bought granola (I strongly dislike raisins, especially in cereal)! Store bought granola is convenient but is often filled with lots of added sugar! This recipe is incredibly quick and simple, low in sugar and can easily be customised to your own preferences. It’s a perfect breakfast option, and it can also be paired with fruit or yoghurt for a quick and simple daytime snack.
- 125g Rolled Porridge Oats
- 80g of Sunflower Seeds and Desiccated Unsweetened Coconut
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- A Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan oven). Grease a baking tray and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the rolled porridge oats, sunflower seeds, desiccated unsweetened coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the honey and olive oil and mix until well combined.
- Pour out the mixture onto the baking tray, making sure to spread the mixture evenly across the tray.
- Bake the mixture for approximately 10 minutes or until it turns crunchy and brown, make sure to stir the mixture frequently to ensure it cooks evenly and does not burn.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool before transferring the granola to an airtight container.