This simple dairy free banana bread is the perfect treat to bake at the weekend and enjoy throughout the week. The ingredients are simple and the recipe is rather easy to follow. Don’t be put off by the fact that the recipe is dairy free! This cake is rich, moist and packed with flavour. So what are you waiting for? Why not head to the kitchen, follow along with my step by step pictures below and give this recipe a try for yourself?
Ingredients to make one loaf
118mls vegetable oil
170g caster sugar
1 medium size egg
180g plain flour
1 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of salt
2 large or 3 medium sized mashed bananas (over ripened)
- Preheat oven to 160C (140C fan oven).
- In a large bowl mix together the oil and sugar, then add the egg and stir
- Add the plain flour, Bicarbonate of Soda and salt and mix
- In a separate blow mash the bananas with a fork (or blend the bananas) then add this to the mixture
- Pour mixture into a floured/oiled pan
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
- Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve.