Let’s be honest, healthy breakfasts can be a little boring sometimes! I’ve tried a few healthy banana pancake recipes, but this banana and oat pancake recipe is by far my favourite! And they actually takes like real pancakes rather than egg and banana! These pancakes are simple, quick and easy to make. They’re perfect for those mornings when you want to mix things up a little and eat something different. The banana helps to make them naturally sweet so there’s no need to add sugar, whilst the egg is a great source of protein. My favourite thing about these pancakes, apart from the fact that they taste great, is that they are quite filling which means I’m less likely to snack during the morning. So next time you’re making breakfast, why not give this banana and oat pancake recipe a try?
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 23g rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- In a blender, combine the peeled banana, egg, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth and blended well.
- Allow the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with fruit or toppings of your choice.